Thursday 12 May 2022

May from Milos

My dear Students,

How is May in Paris?  Are you warm and enjoying your holiday plans this month?  Staying healthy, in your mind and spirit, too?   I hope each day touches you with some peace and joy.

Island life continues to teach me much.  My days and evenings are organized by the rooster who crows energetically 15 meters from my window each morning, so I'm in bed when he's quiet and up with him.  It's fine, I like the routine.  I hear he and his chickens will be moved to a farm when the tourists arrive because they are not going to like this schedule.  I pick up some new phrases or words each day, (from the Greeks, not the rooster) but pretty much concentrate on my own little routine here which is discovering more and more about the yoga practice and what it teaches me.  I feel very good.

Athena, my contact on the island and whom I've worked with 7 times now, would like to see us back.  She offered me a lovely arrangement for next May 2023.  If you would like to think about saving a week mid-month around the May holidays, we can have a week's yoga retreat here, 400 euros, all inclusive.   I was looking at the dates of May 15-21, 2023.  You can keep the idea in your mind and we can plan further when I am back.  No rush, we know there is so much going on in the world.

If you would like to have a class on video from here and see my little terrace garden, the internet is very good and reliable.  I am sure you have found a routine that is nice for you and I hope it is live because it is so important that we all come together in person again, it's important for our mental health and growth.  I will stay here through the summer, but if you would like a video class it could be transmitted through Skype like we used to do.  I can do Saturday mornings at 10, I could also do a Sunday class as well because the mornings work best here.  During the week, if you wanted an early am class before going to work we could do this on Tuesdays like the class we started during Covid.  The fees would be the same as when I was back in Paris. The classes online 1h 15 minutes. 15 euros.

I sincerely hope you are all healthy and well, please feel free to drop me a line with some news whether or not you would like to sign up for a class.  Namaste kala, which is Greek  for Peace be with you,  Michelle

yogamarais.com 
Centre de Yoga du Marais  72 rue du Vertbois  
75003 Paris, France  0033 (0)6.31.91.82.12

No comments: