Thursday 19 May 2022

Learning through the senses


 I am distilling my daily practice into memory, putting this memory sense, the 6th sense into the marrow of my bones so that my marrow remembers this warmth .  It is in my bones that I feel the chill of Paris winters, I am in the studio and I guide my students but cannot get warm like them.  I think of this often, how can I keep this feeling of warmth in my bones?  Remember.  I am accumulating the heat that drives up from my terrace the warmth of the morning sun, right up into my child's pose simultaneously feeling the warmth of the sun on my back,  I feel like a bagel toasting, the cream cheese in the middle warming and oozing just slightly out the sides.  I will remember and take this back, for the brain won't know if it is actually happening or if it can go along with the ride that you made it take with you.   For my bones to remember softness, I have this, far beyond touch sound sight taste and smell, I have this memory.

First in the mind,
then in the body.
The abdomen relaxes,
then the breath sinks into the bones.
The life force is relaxed
and the body calm.
It is always in the mind.
Being able to breathe properly leads to agility.
The softest
will then become
the strongest.

Wu Yu-hsiang

Honored to have endorsed Peter's book:











No comments: