Wednesday 1 February 2012

Return from Benin
I'm back with all the smiles and the thanks for what you gave. Every little bit really mattered and was so appreciated. If you would like to read more I am posting my journal on the yogainparis blog. Go to "en coulisses"

The truth about foreign aid: According to public opinion research, many people believe aid is either stolen by corrupt leaders or wasted on ineffective programs. I was honored to hand deliver and share what I could give to each young child. There is also the argument that aid doesn't work even when it gets to its intended recipients. According to a statement from Bill Gates this week these claims are not convincing. "In the past 50 years, the number of children who die every year has gone down from 20 million to fewer than 8 million. The proportion of people living in extreme poverty has declined by half." From my experience these last few weeks, what we do, give, say and feel matters. All of it. Thank you, Michelle


No comments: